Job Title: Van Sales Representative
Reports to: Area Sales Manager
Job Purpose: To provide delivery, market intelligence and merchandising service to a prescribed region/ area with a plan, developing and maintaining an excellent customer service record at all times.
This role should take pride in the delivery, placement, pricing and visibility of goods to the customer whilst making the process as simple and flexible as possible.
- Deliver product on a regular basis determined by a RTM plan and set route to a specific set of customers within the agreed window of time.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships by providing an efficient, reliable, friendly and courteous service to all customers
- Maintain the highest standard of service by maintaining the required supply of stock to ensure a 100% service level through full fixtures with no ‘stock outs’ as per the agreed customer service level package (Including Merchandising Plano-gram / counting stock / replenish / collect Sale or Return products) to the highest standard.
- Complete all required paperwork for the Business and for the Customer accurately and in full in line with the agreed company standard.
- Communicate effectively with customers and maintain up to date information regarding new initiatives, prices, promotions, new product listings and product de-lists.
- Pick orders accurately from the van against the picking list and ensure they are checked and signed for by each customer
- Provide information and feedback to the Area sales Manager, on Customer requirements and competitor activity on your route
You Will Responsible / Accountable For:-
- The goods loaded into the van, both in terms of the condition of the goods which must be in pristine condition and ready for sale and for accountability for stock take purposes.
- Targets achievement of the month (volume, distribution)
- Cash collection on a daily basis.
- The correct use of and maintenance of all equipment supplied by the company.
- The safe handling and maintenance of the company vehicle to include all daily checks for oil, water, tyre pressures etc., as well as the cleanliness of the exterior and cab.
- Completing all of the “end day” tasks as required and any other duties as may be required by the company from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Must have completed Secondary education -KCSE- C plain
- Diploma in relevant field is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3years in sales
- Clean Driving License –Class BCE with a minimum 2 years active driving.
- Good understanding of basic computer skills
- Demonstrable customer service skills/relationship building
- Experience within a High Street Retailing sales environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Dynamic and flexible
- Relationship builder
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to read and understand reports
- Ability to work in a team
Applicants should send their applications through firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Wednesday 20th August 2015