Mercy Corps exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve.
Mercy Corps is looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position.
Administration and Logistics Assistant – Wajir
Program / Department Summary: The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions.
The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
General Position Summary: The Administration and logistics assistant is responsible for assisting facilitating the administration and logistics functions at Mercy Corps field offices.
Working closely with Program, Operations and Finance the Administration and Logistics Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
Essential Job Functions:
Assist operations functions at the field office as follows:
- Daily coordination of MC procurement activities;
- Have a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats and assist when required with training staff on these policies;
- Assists staff as needed with creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation;
- Collect quotations and bids from the market for PRs as assigned by supervisor based on Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with Vendors during collection of quotations and explain Mercy Corps formats as well as ensure that vendors use the provided forms.
- Ensure fair competition and strict adherence to MC procurement rules regarding vendor relations
- Assist with general management of program vehicles in co-operation with the Logistics officer
- Collect and distribute vehicle log-sheets to and from drivers
- Ensure the vehicle movement board is regularly updated in liaison with the logistics officer
- Assist in proper management and coordination of staff travel arrangements including transport
- In conjunction with the logistics officer, support the administration, HR and IT focal points in Nairobi with adherence to their respective policies and procedures
- Assist with collection and filing of timesheets, leave forms, and logistics files including PRs, log sheets and related paperwork in the field office.
- Ensure adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by MC staff. Provide training and guidance to MC staff, as needed.
- Assist with the co-ordination of any necessary administrative and office management details including the maintenance of the premises and purchase of office supplies.
- In conjunction with the Head of Office and logistics officer, prepare and track airtime allocation for staff and maintain the requisite records.
- Assist in preparing comprehensive, accurate and timely monthly reports.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Accountability: The Administration and Logistics Assistant will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission and will be accountable to following Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual, Administration manual, the MC Code of conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
Reports Directly To: Logistics Officer
Works Directly With: Program, Logistics Team
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in supply chain management; Office administration or experience in related field.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written English skills.
- Good computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not to delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement and administration ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Good spoken and written English
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references (including a recent supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 7th July 2015 by 4.00pm.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title and location they are applying for.
Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates.
We will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates.
NB: Mercy Corps does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.