Job Title: Director Technical Operations (DTO)
Job Grade: K2
Reports To: CEO
Direct Reports: Project Team Leaders, and Leader for M&E
Employment Category: 3 Year Renewal Contract
Duty Station: Kampala – Uganda with frequent travels to East African Countries and Beyond
Purpose of the Job & Specific Responsibilities: Provide Transformational Leadership focused at Resource Mobilisation & Technical oversight across all the projects of KT, including driving synergies and collaboration among projects and with implementation partners, to ensure delivery of organizational technical results to the satisfaction of clients and stakeholders.
- Identify, develop and fundraise for new projects and/or follow-up phases of existing projects – through the Project Development unit as well as the teams of the on-going projects.
- Lead, Coordinate and/or supervise:
- The overall and annual results planning and implementation of all projects and provide leadership in building strong synergies between all the Projects being implemented by the Trust so as to ensure efficient delivery of the Mission of the Trust;
- The forging of effective networks and motivation of project internal teams and partners to drive a high level of performance; and
- The design and implementation of a partnership plan to enable KT to build a strong and reputable partnership for the implementation of projects and as well as for scaling-up results from those projects.
- Ensure that KT as an organization, as well as each project, adopt and fully utilize modern ICT and other technologies to solve problems and enhance efficiency in implementation.
- Put in place and implement a high quality monitoring and evaluation system (including external evaluation) capable of tracking the delivery of impacts and outcomes at organizational, program and project levels.
- Coordinate the organization and implementation of meetings and other relevant activities of the Programs Oversight Committee (POC) of the Board.
- Serve as main point of contact/representative of KT for policy and contractual matters for each project.
- Ensure KT implements robust knowledge management, communication and sharing, enabling it to be influential at national, regional and global levels.
- Undertake any other duties delegated by the CEO, including deputizing when the CEO is away on leave
Experience Qualifications Required
You are the right candidate if you have the following:
- More than 15 years experience; with 10 years at Director or Chief of Party level for programs working in the development of agricultural value chains, markets and trade at regional level – under regional and/or International Organizations and 5 years in senior management in academia and research in agri-business development with at least five highly influential publications.
- In addition the suitable candidate must have a track record of delivery of high quality consultancy and advisory service to private sector in agribusinesses.
- Impeccable competences in:
- Leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Leading by example to inspire your team to set and achieve high targets;
- Communication; and
- The identification and introduction of new high technology to solve problems and improve efficiency
- Track record in development of strategies, projects and fundraising.
- Post-graduate degree in Agri-business or agricultural trade development or a relevant MBA.
- Basic degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Sciences or Agricultural Economics or an equivalent qualification.
How to Apply
If you are the right candidate, please send your application letter plus the following:
- An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the Responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above);
- Copies of five (5) of your most recent and most relevant publications;
- A contact list of your private sector clients for your consultancy work.
- The names and contacts of three referees, and a daytime contact telephone number of each of them;
- The names and contacts of your immediate supervisor(s) in the current job and two of your immediate previous jobs;
- Your daytime contact telephone number; and
- A statement and proof of current remuneration package
Please submit your application electronically to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Plot No. 42, Princess Anne Drive Bugolobi
P.O. Box 71782, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 312264980/1/2,
Mob: +256-0776 973152
Closing Date: 30th June 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted