Human Resource Associate Job at Evidence Action in Kampala Uganda 2015
Start Date: February, 2015
Reporting To: Senior Associate-Human Resource| Africa region
Location: Kampala – Uganda, with domestic travel
About Evidence Action: Evidence Action scales proven interventions that improve the lives of millions. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence.
- Dispensers for Safe Water is an entrepreneurial program scaling the chlorine dispenser system – a proven innovation that dramatically expands access to water treatment at an extremely low cost.
- Deworm the World Initiative actively supports the scale-up of school-based deworming programs worldwide to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
Management Responsibility: To provide professional guidance and advice on HR issues to the Management
Description of Duties
- To ensure that all approved and regular tasks pertaining to HR are carried out on time.
- Set up and maintain an effective employee relations system that fosters and supports staff welfare across the Uganda team by ensuring high level job satisfaction both at team and individual level
- Ensure staff compliance to both internal policy (management decisions), HR practices, and Uganda legal frameworks (labor laws).
- Coordinate and provide HR and administrative support in onboarding and off boarding functions to ensure the process is efficient and timely
- Coordinate new staff orientation
- Ensure all new employees provide the relevant documents/forms for personnel files and ensure that all HR forms are well completed and signed.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure that access to staff records and information is strictly to the authorized personnel.
- Update relevant staff records
- Advise the Senior Associate-HR on all payroll related changes in a timely manner.
- Facilitating the clearance processes for separating staff and sharing the information with the senior Associate-HR for final dues processing
- Day to day management of staff wellness activities and Provide HR and administrative support to staff trainings in wellness matters
- Proactively work with the Senior Associate-HR| Africa Region and the Director-Finance and Administration |Africa region to ensure smooth flow of communication pertaining to HR activities carried out in Uganda.
- Any other duties assigned to you by your supervisor or his/her designated representative, who will supervise you and give you instructions related to your work.
- A higher diploma or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with strong Human Resource Management training
- Resides in Uganda or/with a legal work permit for Uganda. Uganda nationality is an added advantage.
- Self-directed and self-motivating personality, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple employees while adhering to deadlines and priorities;
- Strong HR technical skills and capacity with at least 3 years of practical experience on the field.
- Intellectually curious, detail-oriented and organized
- A critical, analytical, and process-oriented thinker with a willingness to learn and share good experiences;
- A good understanding and or experience in HR consulting or other client-based and service-oriented
- Ability to operate effectively within ambiguous environments, and to thrive as a part of a dynamic and evolving leadership team;
- Ability to lead in an innovative organization and quickly-changing environment