Job for Corporate Development Manager at Kenya Maritime Authority in Mombasa 2014
Vision: To be a leading maritime Authority transforming Kenya into a globally competitive nation.
Mission: To ensure sustainable, safe, secure, clean and efficient water transport for the benefit of stakeholders.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacancy
Vacancy: Corporate Development Manager
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of the Authority’s strategic plan and performance contract with the Government;
- Initiating, undertaking and coordinating research projects and reviews on all aspects of the Authority’s mandate;
- Carrying out studies on major trading routes using monitoring reports, economic analysis and carrier profiles;
- Establishing and reporting on the state of competition in the provision of maritime transport services in Kenya;
- Developing and maintaining a research database that contains pertinent information on maritime service providers’ agreements filed with the Authority;
- Recommending the installation of applications software related to research needs of the Authority;
- Publishing findings from research works and related activities including outcomes of conferences, seminars and workshops;
- Ensuring adequacy of resource and reference materials for maritime information including linkages similar organizations nationally, regionally and internationally;
- Initiating and carrying out publicity campaign programs on relevant maritime issues;
- Disseminating relevant information to maritime services providers, shippers, shippers associations and other relevant stakeholders; and
- Carrying out periodic analysis of trends and developments pertaining to the sector and publishing the same on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Transport Economics or its equivalent
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Diploma or Certificate in a relevant field;
- 8 years’ experience in a large company or organization
- Ability to formulate and execute cross cutting themes and policies effectively;
- Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills;
- Exceptional supervision, organization and leadership skills;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Awareness of quantitative study and plan management.
Applicants who meet the specified requirements should send their application letters with their detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials together with day-time telephone contact, contacts of three referees, current and expected remuneration to:
The Director General
Kenya Maritime Authority
P.O. Box 95076 – 80104,
Or drop the application at Kenya Maritime Authority, White House, 2nd Floor, Moi Avenue, near Dock yard, Mombasa.
So as to reach not later than 26th September, 2014.