TechnoServe Request for Proposal (RFP) To Conduct a Market Survey for Fortified Flour Products in Kenya-Job Vacancy August 2014
TechnoServe Inc. (TNS) – Kenya, invites consultants and consultancy firms to participate in this competitive solicitation for pricing, delivery and terms of potential sale on the following service for TNS office in Kenya.
Solutions for African Food Enterprises (SAFE) is a four-year program implemented in Kenya, Malawi and Zambia, through a partnership of USAID, TechnoServe (TNS) and Partners in Food Solutions (PFS).
SAFE seeks to increase competitiveness of the African food processing sector to expand availability of affordable and nutritious foods.
Through PFS, SAFE will:
- Harness the global technical expertise of skilled volunteer employees at General Mills, Cargill, Royal DSM (DSM), and BÜhler.
- Facilitate the transfer of technology and knowledge between these volunteers and their world- class facilities to African processors.
- Enhance capacity of food processors by providing demand-driven technology transfer and business advisory services through customized capacity building to selected processors, as well as sector-wide training seminars;
- Create sustainable linkages at the value chain/sector level, including links with new retail markets, food aid buyers and financial institutions;
- Build the local environment for sustained processor growth through working with local universities and food processor associations;
- Implement a learning agenda by generating ongoing learning to inform the evidence base for SAFE implementation, as well as other programs.
- Explore the current policy and legal framework covering the production of fortified flours in Kenya.
- Conduct a market survey for fortified flours in Kenya, including the product range and main suppliers. The survey will cover Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret and Kisumu.
- Conduct a market demand survey for fortified flours in Kenya, including product preferences in relation to unblended flours, location preferences for product distribution and willingness and ability to pay current prices.
- Develop recommendations for improving supply of fortified flours in Kenya.
- Develop recommendations for improving demand for fortified flours in Kenya.
- Develop a pricing policy which could lead to revenues which cover the cost of fortified flours in Kenya.
- Identify challenges related to marketing of fortified flours in Kenya as well as any mitigation measures that have been employed to try and overcome these challenges and any positive results that have been achieved as a result of employing these mitigation measures
- Detailed final market survey report covering the above topics.
- Presentation of the survey findings during a workshop to be attended by stakeholders.
- At least 10 years of experience in providing consultancy services focusing on market surveys for fast moving consumer goods.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong writing and PowerPoint presentation skills.
Activity: Expertise of Firm/Organization – this section should provide details regarding the management structure of the organization, organization capability/resources, and experience of organization/firm, the list of projects/contracts (both completed and ongoing, both domestic and international) which are related or similar in nature to the requirement of this assignment i.e Market surveys; Market value chain studies, Business development and management and/or Market development case studies
Activity: Proposed Methodology, Approach and Implementation Plan – This section should demonstrate the proposers response to the Terms of Reference (TOR) by identifying the specific components proposed, how the requirement shall be addressed, as specified, point by point; providing a detailed description of the essential performance characteristics proposed; identifying the works/portions of the work that will be subcontracted if any; and demonstrating how the proposed methodology meets and exceeds the specifications, while ensuring appropriateness of the approach to the local conditions of the 4 target areas (Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret and Kisumu) and the rest of the project operating environment
In complying with this section, the Proposer assures and confirms to TECHNOSERVE that the personnel being nominated are available for the contract on the dates proposed.
(B) Financial Proposal reflecting the following
The financial proposal must include all the costs that will be charged in carrying out this assignment e.g. travel, accommodation etc. All sums need to be stated in gross amount with all taxes included.
TechnoServe reserves the right to award the contract to the organization whose proposal is deemed to be in the best interest of TNS and the Partners.
The Organization with the winning proposal will be notified in writing.
6. Terms and Conditions
- The Request for Proposal is not and shall not be considered an offer by TechnoServe.
- All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFP. All late responses will be rejected.
- All unresponsive responses will be rejected.
- All proposals will be considered binding offers. Prices proposed must be valid for entire period provided by respondent.
- All awards will be subject to TNS contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
- TNS reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal or cancel the solicitation process at any time, and shall have no liability to the proposing organizations submitting proposals for such rejection or cancellation of the request for proposals.
- TNS reserves the right to accept all or part of the proposal when award is provided.
- All information provided by TNS in this RFP is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time, and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes. TNS is not responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted therefrom.
- TNS reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
- The bidders are solely obligated to pay for any costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of TNS, subject to claims of confidentiality in respect of the response and supporting documentation, which have been clearly marked confidential by the bidder.
- Be in the English language.
- Contain detailed cost in Kenya Shillings with applicable Tax/Charges clearly identified.
- Provide requested payment terms and conditions.
- Describe the qualifications, experience and capabilities of the firm in providing the type of services being request by this RFP. Resumes or CVs of “key personnel” shall be submitted as an attachment.
- Include a contact name, email address, and telephone number to facilitate communication between TNS and the submitting organization.
- A brief outline of the organization and services offered, including:
- Full legal name, jurisdiction of incorporation and address of the company
- Full legal name and country of citizenry of company’s President and / or Chief Executive Officer, and all other officers and senior managers of the company
- Year business was established
2. Responses to the RFQ in PDF format with subject line clearly marked as “SAFE Market Survey Consultancy Service” should be submitted to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th August 2014.