Technical Engineer Needed at Rwanda Mountain Tea Ltd in Rwanda 2014
Rwanda Mountain Tea Ltd (RMT) is one of the leading producers of black tea in Rwanda. Since 2006, the company has invested in the acquisition of tea factories and tea garden; it embarked in a rehabilitation and modernization program of the factories, the expansion of tea garden and the improvement of the final produce: the black tea. In the medium term, RMT is planning to further increase its production, to diversify and add value to its products.
RMT owns or have shares in 6 factories in the west/south western regions of the country.
To better sustain its program, RMT is seeking the services of an experienced/committed Technical Engineer who will oversee the technical requirements and operations of the tea factories and will advise RMT management in regard to the most efficient and cost effective equipment; he will also be in charge of sourcing appropriate equipment and ensure that factories are running without interruption due to technical failure or malfunction.
A dynamic, motivated candidate will find this position fulfilling, offering
Requirement of the Position:
- A holder of graduate degree (engineer) in mechanical engineering or related fields;
- Have at least 15 years of proven experience in the tea factories, with at least 5 years in a managerial position;
- Have an excellent command of all the technical requirements and machinery operation in the tea industry; it will be a plus if the candidate has led a process of starting and lunching a new factory;
- Be a good team player and be able to supervise other engineers or technical staff at a lower position;
- 5. Be prepared to travel in different part of Rwanda where RMT factories are located.
The incumbent of this position will be stationed in Rwanda, with his/her main residence in Kigali, but with frequent travel and stay in the factories outside the capital Kigali. RMT may decide of another main location in Rwanda.
RMT is soliciting expression of interest from potential candidates in the East African countries, but potential candidates outside the region, fulfilling the technical requirements and having a proven experience will be considered.
Applications will be sent through email at the following address:
Attn: Jotham MAJYALIBU
Rwanda Mountain Tea Ltd.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Telephone: (+250)280306240; (+250)280306241
The application will be accepted till July 25, 2014 at 17:00 Kigali time.