IT Helpdesk Assistant Job at Wananchi Group in Kenya 4th July 2014
Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: IT Helpdesk Assistant
Department: I.T. Department
Location: Gateway Park
Employment Status / Type: Full Time
Position Reporting to: I.T. Manager
Manages Others: No
Job Purpose / Summary: Assist in the management of all day to day IT issues that include; LAN related activities, Office automation issues and Business application support for the Wananchi Group Staff.
- Responsible for IT hardware & software Inventory Management
- Primary contact for all internal IT support queries
- Preparation for daily , weekly and monthly IT helpdesk reports
- Responsible for receiving service requests via telephone, email, and ticketing system.
- Responsible for diagnosing and resolving internal customer incidents, escalating cases where necessary.
- Carry Hardware preventative maintenance and repairs
- Competent in offering internal customers in-office help, on site and through remote-access software.
- Ensuring user satisfaction with IT services through effective communication
- Train users on basic computer procedures and Ms office products
The ideal candidate will have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
The ability to communicate effectively and handle telephone calls proficiently is essential, as is experience of working in an administrative role.
Able to deal confidently with a wide range of people in difficult circumstances.
Ability to diagnose & solve problems in an efficient manner.
Ability to demonstrate experience of effective communication with customers via a range of different channels.
Attention to detail.
Possess a confident & professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
Confidence to engage with staff on all levels, self-motivated & capable of working on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
Good understanding of Microsoft Platforms.
Good working knowledge of browser technologies.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Response time to helpdesk tickets
- Ticket closure
- Submission of daily/weekly/monthly reports
eMail application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: IT Assistant
Closing Date: July 7th 2014