Procurement Assistant Job Opening in Kenya May 2014
To support the business in the provision of materials and equipment used in operations.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
A description of the key responsibilities incumbent in this key post is provided below
- Organize all procurement activities relating to request for proposals, sealed bids, and price quotes.
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy; follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department/school; identify available suppliers for each requisitioned item.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Process requisitions into purchase orders using buy speed and any resulting change orders.
- Receive, open, screen, log and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required and organize bids for review by the specialist.
- Maintain and update professional library publications.
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, typing, and data entry, opening mail, and completing and processing standard purchasing forms.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments as requested; respond to inquiries which do not require the personal attention of the Country Management.
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Respond to inquiries from school staff regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts and pricing information.
- Performs administrative and secretarial duties for a discipline lead, manager, department, and/or business unit under moderate supervision and direction.
- Coordination of project procurement documentation (reports, correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets, supplier queries and data, purchase orders, requisitions etc.) including the preparation, formatting, approval and distribution.
- Coordinates meetings and logistical details for the project procurement team, including travel, off-site meetings and audio-visual requirements.
- May attend meetings, record minutes, coordinate catering requests, set-up and clean-up of boardrooms.
- Data entry, verification and maintenance of an electronic requisitioning system or database.
- Distribution, maintenance of hard-copy and electronic filing for project procurement records and other files.
- Organization and prioritization of assignments and taking initiative to follow through on pending items.
- ‘O’ level certificate
- Minimum of a CIPS Diploma in Purchasing & Supply or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of administrative/procurement experience
- Experience in the hospitality an added advantage