Logistics Administrative Manager Job Vacancy at Solidarites International in North Horr Kenya May 2014
Vacancy: Logistics – Administrative Manager, North Horr Kenya
Mission: Solidarites International is an international humanitarian organization which provides assistance to populations who are victims of armed conflict or natural disasters.
For 30 years, Solidarites International (SI) has concentrated its action on meeting three vital needs: water, food and shelter.
By carrying out emergency programs, SI has acquired experience and expertise in the fields of WASH, food security, livelihoods and agriculture.
In the Horn of Africa, SI is currently implementing WASH and Food Security/Livelihoods programs in Kenya and Somalia.
We are seeking for an available and qualified person to fill the position of Logistics and Administrative Manager, North Horr base.
Goal/Purpose: The Logistics-admin Manager will implement and supervise all logistics operations at his/her assigned base.
He/She is the one responsible to ensure that SI procedures are respected within the base for both departments.
He/she will organize logistic support for programs, in keeping with Solidarités International procedures.
He/she will assist the field coordinator in the implementation of safety rules.
Org Chart Position (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Field coordinator
- Line report(s) on base: Logistics assistant, Chief of guards, guards and drivers
- Functional manager: Logistics Coordinator, HR/Finance Coordinator
Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Location: North Horr base
Start date: 1st July 2014
List of main tasks :
- Maintain the cashbook daily
- Insure the few supplier payment locally
- Send to coordination all the necessary document to do supplier payment from Nairobi
- Send the accounting pack each 5th of the month to the HR/Finance coordinator
- Ensure that accounting files are properly followed up, identified and voucherized
- Ensure that SI procedures are followed
- Maintain the cash advance book, and ensure that advance are closed within 5 days
- Ensure a well archiving of the accounting vouchers, and send them to Coordination every two month
- Prepare the budget follow up of both project on monthly basis,
- Ensure that cash flow between Nairobi and North Horr are properly organized
- Prepare and send the cash flow forecast on monthly basis
- Update the Allocation board on monthly basis
Human Resource Management
- Ensure all HR processes during recruitment of staff in the field (PIN, NSSF, NHIF, Medical Cover etc).
- Train and supervise the logistics team, conduct performance reviews for members of the logistics team
- Create and amend all field staff contracts in consultation with HR Coordinator
- Issue all end of contract documentation for field staff
- Ensure the respect of Solidarites International rules and regulations for the national staff
- In put the payroll data base (Monthly follow up and Homere) and issue monthly salary payslips
- Follow up the leaves for the base and share information with line managers
- Ensure that performance evaluations are conducted regularly in time, and job descriptions are relevant and updated.
- Compile training needs for the base from performance evaluations , and share with HR Manager annually
- Ensure that all HR folders are well maintained and fully filled.
- Carry out a purchasing environment analysis at the local level, manage the Solidarités International purchasing procedures.
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines and contextual and procedural logistical constraints
- Receive, approve and process requests for quotes and internal order forms, ensure the preparation of purchasing documents and draft contracts
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods
- Ensure that purchasing documents are complete and archived in keeping with Solidarités International procedures
- Ensure that budgetary lines related to logistics are monitored and observed
Vehicle Fleet Management
- Negotiate vehicle rental contracts
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Establish vehicle movement schedules
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly, ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Ensure that fuel consumption and vehicle mileage are monitored, consolidated, analyzed and recorded
- Prevent the misappropriation of fuel and spare parts
- Identify equipment needs and ensure optimization of equipment use
- Organize installation, safe-guard, repair and maintenance of equipment
- Train teams and provide technical support on use of equipment
- Update equipment inventory and the database in real time,
- Implement backup and data-protection procedures
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates
- Ensure stock movement procedures and documentation are properly observed
- Ensure particular attention to the fuel stock and vehicle spare parts
- Supervise monthly physical stock inventory
- Ensure the base-compound is clean and well maintain
- Ensure a water evacuation management in in place for the raining season.
- Ensure living conditions are well respected and water always available.
- Ensure electricity is available via generators and solar systems.
- Monitor generator consumptions
- Responsible for submission to the coordination of all flights booking for cargo and passengers based in North Horr.
- Implement team safety measures as determined by the Field Coordinator/Base Manager
- Train teams on safety rules and procedures
- Consolidate logistics packs monthly and pass on to the logistics coordinator
- Provide the logistics coordinator with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports
- Send the accounting pack each 5th of the month.
- Send the BFU and Cash forecast each 25th of the month.
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor Degree in finance/ accounting or Business Management
- Post graduate Diploma in management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in the field of logistics and/or administration and finance management, in humanitarian action programs
- Minimum 1 year of experience within an NGO or similar agencies
- At least 2 years’ experience in team management in highly insecure environment(s)
- Understanding and interest in emergency humanitarian situations
- Knowledge and Understanding of the humanitarian actors
- Good communicator
- Team leader and coordination ability
- Ability to propose and put into action new ideas
- Ability to negotiate
- Excellent writing capacity
- Fluency in English and Somali languages
- Knowledge of French and/or Kiswahili languages is an added advantage
- Excellent Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of SAGA software
- Strong working capacity
- Strong taste for very challenging situations
- Ability to work in a multicultural team
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the job title and location in the email subject line clearly.
Deadline for applications: 18th May 2014.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Solidarités international is an equal opportunity employer