Jobs at KickStart International Country Director (Zambia Program) in Lusaka Zambia 2014
Job Title: Country Director – Zambia Program
She/he will be responsible for scaling the KickStart operations in Zambia, refining the program, managing delivery, and reporting on progress in Zambia. The Country Director will also support fundraising and donor reporting requirements as necessary.
All activities support the primary KickStart mission of getting people out of poverty, by promoting the sales and usage of KickStart’s award winning Moneymaker branded irrigation pumps.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Director of Programs & Partnership based at KickStart’s Africa Office in Nairobi, Kenya
Staff directly reporting to this post: Regional Managers/Marketing officer/Finance Manager/HR & Admin Officer
Works with: Functional Heads based in Nairobi
Key Areas of Accountability:
Establish, strengthen and manage the KickStart-Zambia program by implementing and expanding the KickStart program in the region fulfilling the following 10 strategic functions:
- Review business model for success in Zambia and develop a 3 year Strategic Plan
- Ensure that all activities/programs undertaken are consistent with the mission, the basic policies and strategic approaches, as well as values & principles of KickStart.
- Assist and manage the relevant distribution model leveraging the existing private sector supply chain network for pumps.
- Design and manage the marketing/promotion program to build and accelerate awareness, interest and demand for KickStart’s irrigation solutions in Zambia and achieve the stipulated sales and impacts targets.
- Leverage Governmental and Non-Governmental, private sector policies, programs and institutions to accelerate Small Holder Farmers (SHFs) behavioral change and irrigation adoption.
- Set-up and manage an Impact Monitoring Program which will track, measure socio-economic impacts and key performance metrics using KickStart’s impact monitoring protocol and IT systems.
- Recruit, manage, and increase capacity / capabilities of KickStart-Zambia team members.
- Ensure the timely and effective implementation of KickStart performance management program – with the goal of building a motivated, high performing team.
- Work collaboratively with KickStart’s Africa HQ specialist functions, product and sales & marketing personnel to achieve strategic objectives
- Coordinate with and report to KickStart International’s Nairobi and San Francisco offices as well as IKEA Foundation on all aspects of the operation, including finance and impact.
- Liaise/collaborate and build relationships with all KickStart’s development partners in Zambia and the Region– implementers/service providers and donors – and relevant government agencies. This includes all relevant manufacturers, distributors and retailers, suppliers or contractors as well as existing or potential donors or partners like, Governmental Agencies or Ministries, as well as the national media.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Development, Agronomy, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences or Social Sciences or related fields.
- 7 plus years of progressive responsible experience in Private sector, International Development, social enterprise or in providing management advisory services with bias on sales and marketing.
- Prior experience in Africa and agriculture sector.
- Prior experience in Zambia a plus
- Strong strategic as well as implementation skills
- Results/performance orientation; proven “self-starter”
- Business and Strategic planning skills as we as knowledge of finance budget management
- Sales and Marketing experience. Competency in consultative and solution selling. Commercially-minded and highly collaborative with proven sales experience and record of results and clear “wins”
- Excellent customer focus and relations putting the customer at the forefront of the decision making process.
- Track record in people management and in setting of a high performing team
- Excellent personal communication & negotiation skills
- Strong analytical abilities and detail orientation
- Fluency in English.
- Commitment to KickStart’s core values
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about KickStart visit our website: www.kickstart.org