Project Coordinator Jobs Opportunity at Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP) February 2014
Vacancy announcement: PROJECT COORDINATOR
The Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP) together with some of its members and partners namely: Transparency International Rwanda, CLADHO, Pro-Femmes/TweseHamwe, Imbaraga, AJPRODHO, Rwanda Women Network, ADENYA and ADI Terimbere, COPORWA, ADTS and TubibeAmahoro, is implementing a three year project entitled EASD-R“Improving Efficiency and Accountability of Service Delivery in Rwanda” funded by the European Union (EU). This project is aimed at strengthening the role of the Rwandan Civil Society Organizations in Monitoring and improving the efficiency and accountability of service delivery in Rwanda. It mainly focuses on realising the four specific results which are:
- Citizens and CSOs have increased their capacity to monitor and inform national and local policies and plans.
- A system for public service delivery monitoring and feedback involving citizens directly is established and operational in four districts (NYARUGURU, NGORORERO, GATSIBO GAKENKE) and in Kigali City.
- Rwandan CSOs monitor and generate status reports on the implementation of the Government gender budget statements.
- Rwandan Citizens and CSOs are engaged in constructive policy dialogue at national and local level, based on identified national and local level policy and service delivery concerns.
It is in this regard that the Rwanda Civil Society Platform is interested in recruiting a project coordinator to carry out the following tasks under the supervision of the Executive Secretary:
- Provide oversight and guidance to the Project Management Steering Committee (PMSC) and implementing partners on all matters pertaining to the smooth operation of the Project, in accordance with procedures and obligations specified in the EASD-R project, RCSP-EU Agreement, Partners Sub-grant agreements;
- Prepare and circulate minutes of the PMSC;
- Oversee the preparation, introduction and utilisation of a web-based advocacy and accountability Management Information System;
- Coordinate all multi-faceted approaches, activities, initiatives, efforts related to the successful implementation of the EASD-R project and which are crucial to maintaining the project focus on the desired results;
- Utilize M&E skills to track, to follow the field work of the implementers partners.
- Facilitate the Steering Committee to play its role in the project implementation
- Produce results oriented report, linked to the log frame of the project.
- Receive and arrange for reproduction and circulation of reports, and other Project documentation from national and district implementing partners for advocacy purposes;
- In close collaboration with project accountant prepare and secure the submission of both the narrative and financial reports to the donor;
- Improve the communication between implementing partners , donors (EU and NPA) and invite then to the Steering Committee meetings if necessary
- Coordinate and supervise the usage of project equipments;
- Manage project resources and administration to ensure proper utilization and accountability of funds allocated to implementing partners;
- Develop/manage the M&E system to identify areas which need improvement in the project implementation;
- Plan and prepare Mid-Term Review and final evaluation of the project;
- Ensure efficient and effective management of the transport material for the benefits of the project implementation;
- Identify, understand and evaluate key issues relating to EASD-R and that affect Rwandan citizens in their day-to-day life.
- Work closely with and facilitate implementing partners in planning process and provide the required technical support in the execution of their activities
- Prepare required qualitative, substantive, financial and procurement/contracting progress reports to keep all relevant parties involved and to facilitate timely and appropriate action.
- Maintain effective partnership with Government and implementing partners to exchange critical and technical information and resolve program/project implementation issues to ensure results are achieved as planned.
- Identify, document and disseminate best practices and lessons learned from EASD-R project ;
- Ensure the sustainability of the project.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of three years of working experience in project management and related fields.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clear and concise issues briefs and reports in English;
- Computer literate.
- Experience as a team leader.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda ;knowledge of French is an added value
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application through one of the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28th of February 2014 at 4pm.
For more details, visit our website: www.rcsprwanda.org
Application documents will be comprised of:
- An application letter;
- An updated Curriculum Vitae and three professional referees;
- Certified copies of degrees, diplomas and relevant certificates.
Chairperson Rwanda Civil Society Platform
Chairperson Rwanda Civil Society Platform