Chief HR Officer Job at Partners In Health/Inshuti Mu Buzima (PIH/IMB) in Rwanda 2014
Partners In Health/Inshuti Mu Buzima (PIH/IMB) is a Harvard-affiliated international NGO that has partnered with the Government of Rwanda to strengthen the health system and support poverty reduction initiatives in rural Rwanda since 2005.
PIH/IMB is seeking outstanding candidates for the following position.
Title: Chief HR Officer
Reports to: IMB Executive Director’s Office
Scope: All employees at IMB, including national, international and fiscal sponsors’ managers and employees
The Chief of Human Resources is responsible for guiding organizational and leadership effectiveness at IMB, and for ensuring that all IMB employees, including international employees and those of fiscal sponsors, are well supported by programs that enable them to work productively at IMB. The CHRO plays a key role as an advisor to the Executive Director, Deputy Director and Operations and Planning Committee, providing them advice and counsel on leadership and organizational effectiveness. The CHRO directly manages a small team based in Rwinkwavu and provides technical leadership and guidance to the HR Administrators in the three districts in which IMB operates.
- Regularly assess organizational effectiveness, identifying any barriers to employee engagement and providing advice and support to managers in removing those barriers.
- Provide feedback, advice and counsel to the Executive Directors’ office and the OPC that enables them to function as a high performing management team.
- Lead the work of the HR department, ensuring the execution of high quality programs and policies that fully meet the needs of IMB’s managers and employees, including recruitment and onboarding, compensation management, employee development and employee relations.
- Continually seek opportunities to innovate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HR programs, processes and policies.
- Lead workforce planning for IMB, assuring the organization is able to engage the right people, in the right roles at the right time.
- Lead talent planning and management development for IMB.
- Collaborate with the CHRO of PIH and HR teams across PIH to continually innovate and improve the HR support provided to PIH globally.
- Manage employee relations issues, including coordinating legal counsel or action.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or Social Sciences required.
- 8-10 years experience as an HR director, including experience as a manager.
- Proven leadership skills, in a multi-cultural setting.
- Exceptional skills in developing innovative HR strategy, and in providing coaching to managers and employees.
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda languages and working knowledge of French.
- Willingness to work in a rural area.
Interested candidates should submit in their application online using the PIH website by following this link: http://www.pih.org/pages/employment. Select the appropriate job title, click on “apply to this position” and follow the instructions. For the section “work authorization,” please select “unknown.” Should you require any assistance, please call Human Resources at 0788524836.
Deadline for applications: February 13, 2014.