MSF Switzerland Midwife Job Opening in AGOK South Sudan 2014
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
In Sudan, MSFCH is currently operating in Agok project in Warrap state where it is running comprehensive primary and secondary health care services.
We are looking for a midwife to be located in the Agok field project.
Location: AGOK / South Sudan
Duration: 3 months
Scope of responsibilities:
- Ensure supervision and training of the national team
- Reproductive health related activities
- Implementation of all components of the reproductive health policy in the MSF mission under supervision of the RH supervisor and medical team leader
- train the national staff in all RH related activities according to MSF guidelines
- perform complicated deliveries and provide the skills to the national staff team
- Provide effective diagnosis and treatment for patients with STIs and their partners
- Provide appropriate medical and psychological care to victims of sexual violence, according to MSF guidelines and protocols
- Supervise and train the national staff on nursing care for neonates (administration of drugs, feeding, observation, mother education, etc)
- Provide medical care in collaboration with the MD and Cos
- Ensure efficient management of the ward pharmacy and medical equipment
- Ensure the correct disinfection and sterilization of material
- Ensure all medical procedures are carried out correctly
- Ensure hygiene standards are respected
- Participate actively in the recording, monitoring and reporting of medical activities
- Qualified nurse midwife with diploma/degree recognized by the government
- Registered nurse midwife with a recognized and credible medical body
- 2 year experience working in a busy hospital setup as a nurse midwife
- Experience in management of complicated deliveries is required
- Ability to converse in English, knowledge of Dinka is an asset
- Previous MSF experience is an asset
- Organized, methodical and accurate
- Able to work under strict deadlines and pressure
- Must be a good team player
- Good communication skills, ability to listen and diplomacy
- Motivated with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new working methods
- Ability to live and work in a multidisciplinary, multicultural and remote environment.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV to the HR department at MSF Switzerland in Kenya
via email MSFCH-Juba-FinHRAssistant-Nbo@geneva.msf.org
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.