Reporting to the Senior Manager-RAN Optimization (Rift, Western & Nyanza), the role hold will manage, coordinate and execute Wimax network projects, Wimax Network Capacity Provision , Wimax Site database update and parameter standardization, Nominal Cell Planning and documentation, Wimax KPI’s monitoring and Wimax Radio network optimization..
- Wimax Network Optimization: Analyze and optimize Wimax systems in 3.5GHz using specific RF Optimization tools. Execute RF designs for specific markets including capacity and frequency planning and propose optimization techniques through field work and statistical analysis;
- Carryout Analysis & Mapping; Interference analysis; Engineering Design; Coverage mapping; Link budget calculations; Profiles calculation for LOS;
- Wimax Site database update and parameter standardization: Ensure all physical changes are updated on ATOLL database. Perform routine audit on sites. Maintain standards/Wimax parameter rules on all radio database parameters;
- Perform Microwave Links RF calculations and design;
- Carryout optimization of various access technologies for delivery of high capacity bandwidth e.g. WiFi, Fiber, LMDS;
- Manage customer complaints: Prioritize customer complaints and provide a solution/ recommendation within the agreed time frame. Identify and forestall potential complaint areas;
- Identify potential bottlenecks in the Wimax end to end network and escalate to Core PS related concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or communications Engineering;
- A minimum of 1 year of RF network design experience with leading roles as a network planner;
- Wimax Forum Certification ,IP knowledge and Cisco certification will be an added advantage;
- Computer Proficiency (vast experience in data processing applications);
- Specific experience in using commercial RF network planning tools for Wireless Broadband;
- Working knowledge of IEEE 802.X standards;
- Basic understanding of RF propagation models and their application for Wireless Broadband.;
- Knowledge with RF measurement equipment (spectrum analyzer, power meter, etc.);
- Prior RF/microwave experience with a wireless service provider;
- Sound analytic ability and attention to detail;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Monday 25th November 2013.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
Nairobi via E-mail to email@example.com