Tax Accountant Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya November 2013
Our client in the service industry is looking to hire a Tax Accountant.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Keep update on all Tax Laws and all Tax changes
- Submit VAT, PAYE, and Corporate Tax returns
- Lodge and follow up customs duty and VAT refund claims
- Ensure correct procedures and documentation are submitted for importation and exportation of products and equipment
- Do all Tax reconciliation
- Do deferred tax computations and reconciliation
- Follow up on Income Tax returns and payments
- Be able to update the Management on existing and on new Tax regulations
- Ensure adherence to KRA Tax Regulations and requirements
- Liaise with clearing agents and KRA on importation and exportation of products
- Be able to manage external Audits for both KRA and financial statements Audits
Qualifications & Competences
- A University Degree in Business, Accounting or Commerce
- ACCA/CPA qualifications
- At least 3- 5 years working experience in Tax environment
- MUST have worked in an Audit Firm
- Dealing with corporate taxes and custom taxes
- Thorough knowledge of Taxation Laws and of Tax processing systems
- In-depth knowledge of Customs and Excise Tax, VAT, Income Tax, Acts
- Proactive forward thinking on analyzing Tax Laws and Tax changes and their effects on the organization
- Ability to research concepts and Tax applications effectively
- Ability to advise the organization on Tax effects of all initiatives and projects
- Ability to handle Corporate Tax issues
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and proper documentation
- Good presentation skills
- Confidentiality and high integrity
- Ability to work with minimum Supervision
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both internally and externally
- Good business acumen, proficiency in accounting, Interpersonal skills
- Time management to meet deadlines for lodging transactions
If you meet the above requirements send your CV only, to firstname.lastname@example.org , indicating the title (Tax Accountant) on the subject line before the 15th November 2013.
We do not charge for interviews.
Please note your current salary on your CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.