Manager Procurement And Supplies Unit Jobs recruitment at Tanzania Minerals Audit Agency (TMAA) (1 Post) November 2013
On behalf of the Tanzania Minerals Audit Agency (TMAA), the Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts
POSITION: MANAGER PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES UNIT – 1 POST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Advise the Management on matters pertaining to the procurement of goods and services and logistics management;
· Monitor adherence to procurement process and procedures as per Public Procurement Act and Regulations;
· Procure, maintain and manage supplies, materials and services to support the logistical requirements of the Agency:
· Maintain and monitor distribution of office supplies and materials;
· Maintain and update inventory of goods, supplies and materials;
· Provide Secretarial services and serve as Secretary to the TFS Tender Board as per Public Procurement Act.
· Set specifications/standards for good and service produced and monitor adherence to them to ensure value for money;
· Prepare action plan, progress reports and budgets for the Unit.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Chief Executive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any of the field related to Procurement and Supply.
· Must be registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and
Technicians Board (PSPTB).
· Must have at least seven (7) years of professional experience in the field of procurement and supplies.
· Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s salary scale.
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
– Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
– Professional certificates from respective boards
– One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Dead line for application is 12th November, 2013 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,