Chief Internal Audit Jobs at Tanzania Minerals Audit Agency (TMAA) November 2013
On behalf of the Tanzania Minerals Audit Agency (TMAA), the Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts
POSITION: CHIEF INTERNAL AUDIT – 1 POST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review and report on proper control over the receipt, custody and utilization of all financial resources of the TFS;
· Review and report on conformity with financial and operational procedures laid down in any legislation or any regulations or instructions for control over the expenditure of the TFS;
· Review and report on the correct classification and allocation of revenue and expenditure accounts;
· Develop audit procedures to facilitate compliance with international standards annually;
· Top review and report on the reliability and integrity of financial and operation data and prepare financial statements and other reports;
· Review and report on the systems in place used to safeguard assets, and verify existence of such asserts;
· Review and report on operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals;
· Review and report on the reactions by the management to internal audit reports, and assist management in the implementation of recommendations made by reports and follow-up on the implementation of recommendations made by the Controller and Audit General;
· Review and report on the adequacy of controls built into computerized systems in place in the TFS;
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Chief Executive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any of the field related to Accountancy or Finance.
· Certified Public Accountancy (CPA) holder or its equivalent; and must be registered by National Board of Accounts and Auditors.
· Candidates with a Masters’ degree in related field will have an added advantage.
· At least seven (7) years of professional experience of which two (2) years must be in managerial positions.
· Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s salary scale.
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
– Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
– Professional certificates from respective boards
– One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Dead line for application is 12th November, 2013 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,