(KShs 43K)Project Assistant (Education) Job Vacancy at Jesuit Refugee Service in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Job Title: Project Assistant – Education
Incorporation date: Immediately
JRS has a priority to work wherever the needs of displaced people are urgent and unattended by others, and offers a human service to refugees and the communities through a wide range of rehabilitation and relief activities, many of which center around formal and informal education needs.
- Work closely with MOE and the City Education Department in promoting admission of refugees in schools.
- Advice the Urban project on Education related matters and the necessary corresponding interventions.
- Coordinate capacity building of teachers, parents and Education officials through training.
- Coordinate supply of crucial items to schools to promote conducive learning environments
- Keep an updated inventory of the items purchased and distributed.
- Monitor progress of education interventions including school enrolment, retention and completion.
- Collaborates with agencies, Ministry of Education, and other partners in educational issues and to share information and explain matters arising.
- Manage all the reporting of activity, monthly and other periodic reports
- Attend to other duties which will emerge in the process of service to refugees and as directed by the project director.
- Work in close Collaboration with the other staff in the education program.
- Participate in any other programme activity as agreed with the project Director or the country director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education Arts and at least two years practical working experience preferably in project management, together with relevant professional experience.
- Experience in managing people/teams
- Ability to build effective partnership and collaborate with other team members.
- Ability to work sensitively with refugee population of different ethnic background and/or demonstrated experience and commitment to working with marginalized communities.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral) and Good knowledge of MS word/Office.
- Flexibility, resilience to stress and ability to adapt to changing working environments
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and planning skills and monitoring and evaluation skills/experience.
- Patience, perseverance, proactive, self motivated and ability to work in stressful environment
How to apply:
Closing Date: 14th August 2013