University of Eldoret
Office of the Vice-Chancellor
The University of Eldoret is a public University in Kenya with eight (8) schools namely; Agriculture and Bio-technology; Science; Environmental Studies; Engineering; Natural Resource Management; Education; Business and Management Sciences and Human Resource Development. It has over 11,000 students, 1105 employees and land measuring 1057 acres.
The University has a vision of being a premier university that is globally visible in knowledge generation and technological innovations and a mission of providing high quality education and training in science, agriculture and technology that promotes networking, partnerships and linkages with other institutions and industry.
To give the University a dynamic and strategic leadership, the University Council invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent credentials to provide leadership to the institution in the position of Senior Assistant Registrar (Human Resource Management).
Senior Assistant Registrar (Human Resource Management)
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for advising and supporting the Vice-Chancellor on day to day business issues related to human capital planning and management including:
- Formulation and implementation of Human Resources strategies, policies and guidelines;
- Facilitation of recruitment and staff selection;
- Undertaking capacity building by initiation and facilitation of staff development and succession planning programs;
- Management of employee relations, grievance handling, discipline and guiding the university management on adherence to labour Laws and regulations;
- Management of incentives including staff remuneration and other benefits;
- Performance management involving development, coordination and overseeing individual job performance evaluation;
- Management of administrative infrastructure to improve human capital systems; and
- Guiding the University Management on development and implementation of measures to ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and competences:
- Masters Degree with a bias in Human Resource Management;
- Post Graduate/ Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management;
- Membership of HR practitioners’ professional body such as IHRM (K) or any other recognized HR body;
- A good knowledge of labour laws and handling of industrial relations matters;
- Have experience in handling payroll and general remuneration issues;
- Have proven intellectual leadership in managing Human Capital;
- Have at least 5 years experience in HR management, 3 of which must have been in a senior management position;
- Knowledge of HR management information system will be an added advantage;
- Must satisfy Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Must obtain clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and a certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful candidates for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government public service guidelines.
The appointment will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Applicants should submit detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, and membership to professional associations), copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts.
They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
Three (3) copies of the applications and referees’ confidential reports on the applicant’s suitability for the post should be sent via registered mail and or courier in an envelope marked on the left hand with the reference number given above to the under-signed via the address given below to be received on or before 2nd September, 2013.
Applicants must also send soft copies of their applications via the e-mail address provided below.
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the Tender Box in the Vice-Chancellor’s Office.
University of Eldoret,
P.O Box 1125-30100,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
University of Eldoret is an equal opportunity employer
flame of knowledege and innovation