Job Vacancy at Safaricom Limited for Channel Manager in Kenya 2013
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Development of plans to achieve set billed revenue targets through the Channel.
- Ensure enough sales pipelines to achieve the revenue targets.
- Manage Channel sales tracker and conducting a detailed Channel analysis through logs of trends among other aspects.
- Identify strategic channels to assist penetrate the SME market and achieve the set KPIs
- Act as liaison with other departments and BUs to find ways to improve channel performance, from acquisition and retention perspective.
- Build long lasting business relations/partnership with assigned Channel partners
- Up to date profile of accounts within the Channel and up to date competitor intelligence
- Maintain 100% accuracy on reporting on information relevant to Channels and dissemination of the same to the partners managed.
- Prepare and timely submit periodic reports to stakeholders as per need.
- Identify training gaps within the team and develop plans to close these gaps through training and couching.
- Living and exhibiting the Safaricom way of Speed, Simplicity and Trust.
- A degree in Business Administration/Bcom from recognized university;
- Must have 3 years’ experience in managing dealers or an indirect channel preferably in FMCG;
- Experience in managing indirect channel in a telecoms environment is an added advantage;
- Strong thinker with a strong business and commercial acumen;
- Team player with pleasant outgoing personality & resilience;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proactive, confident, energetic & with ability to work under pressure;
- Good decision making skills;
The Head of Resourcing
Safaricom Ltd Nairobi
Via E-mail to email@example.com