Construction Services Quantity Surveyor (www.racg.co.ke)Jobs in Kenya 2013
Our Client is a group of Companies that has been in operation for the last 7 years with a large customer base.
Their main role include assisting shops and restaurant to fit displays, refrigeration systems, bakery equipment and shelves before they open doors to the public and maintain the equipment under service contract thereafter.
The group consists of 2 separate entities:
1. Design – handles all sourcing/procurement, interior design.
2. Construction – Handles installation, after sales service and maintenance.
Our client is looking for a Construction Services Quantity Surveyor who shall report to the Managing Director / Operations Manager
Roles and responsibilities
This is a senior position which entails understanding the business processes and operations.
Specific roles include:
- Valuing projects and issuing quotations
- Supervise the construction team
- Develop bills of quantities (boq) for projects
- Work with design team to design high end projects
- Determination of best materials to be used for construction
- Carry out quantity surveying of various projects
- Appraisal of the construction team
- Organize and train construction staff
- General leadership of the team
Qualification, experience and skills
- Ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial quantity surveyor registered professionally
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position.
- Strategic thinking capacity, excellent analytical, problem solving, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and lead a team and Excellent reporting skills
- Dedicated and self motivated
Kindly send a summarized CV of maximum 2 pages detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org and address it to Recruitment Manager as soon as you read this advert.
Competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidate and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more details check www.racg.co.ke