Site Supervisors Jobs recruitment at Start-up Construction Firm in Nairobi Kenya 2013
A young & dynamic start-up construction firm based in Westlands Nairobi is rapidly growing and needs suitable candidates for the following position(s):
A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods; practical knowledge of Light Gauge Steel considered an asset
Leadership on site dealing skillfully and diplomatically managing the requirements of a diverse range of people including Sr. management, assembly crew, clients, engineering professionals, sub-contractors etc.
Dealing with the logistics of supplies, scheduling sequence of works, plans for construction, accountability for provision of materials
Provide technical input regarding design, construction, or modifications as required
Liaising and working jointly with the design team and structural detailers to implement refinements
- BSc Civil / Structural Engineering (ERB registration an asset)
- Min 3 yrs experience in a site supervisory position with a credible firm (experience with Light Gauge Steel an asset)
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
- Willingness to travel within Kenya on short notice
- Possession of National ID
Qualified candidates can submit their applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday Aug 9th.
Applications must include ALL of the following: job title, detailed CV, candidate’s email address and daytime phone #, minimum 3 professional references (with email & daytime phone # for each one) and current salary (pay-slip proof required) and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.