Regional Programme Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Advisor Job Vacancy at Terre des Hommes in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Terre des Hommes Netherlands is the Lead applicant for the MFS II Child and Development Alliance in the Netherlands.
Currently the MFSII programme has reached its 3rd year of implementation.
- Eradicating extreme poverty and hunger;
- Achieving universal primary education;
- Reducing child mortality rates;
- Improving maternal health;
- Combating HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases.
Purpose of the position
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the PME Advisor will be responsible for providing support to the TdHNL East Africa country teams for the monitoring of the output, outcome and impact indicators as defined in the PME Framework.
Contract Period: One year (with possibility of extension).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The PME Advisor works with the TdHNL Regional Programme Manager and the Country Managers in the four countries to create and operate a functional monitoring and evaluation system at country level that gathers performance data at output, outcome and impact level based on objectives and indicators contained in the C&D Alliance PME Framework.
- Work with TdHNL countries and their partners to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data along the four result areas, which is needed for an effective M&E system.
- Leading and facilitating local analysis and interpretation of PME information as an input to regular narrative reports covering progress of the TdHNL programme.
- Promotes the utilization of the collected data at country level in monitoring of strengths, weaknesses and gaps in the implementation of the TdHNL programme and for adjustments in planning and implementation.
- Assist the TdH Country offices, local partners and major stakeholders in the strategic use of data and information so as to improve impact of the C&D programme and other projects.
- Coordinate with National and Local Government Authorities, Central Statistical Office, and any other agency, as appropriate, to ensure that current information and indicators to monitor the country’s context and sectoral performance are available.
- Convene and chair M&E country platform meetings with the PME focal points of TdHNL Country offices and/or partners for collective analysis and interpretation of PME information;
- Exchange of PME expertise and experience between the countries and partners and within the TdHNL organization.
- Sharing initiatives for PME capacity building at TdHNL and local partner agencies, focusing at consortium approaches and methodologies.
- Coordinate internal and external evaluations at country level.
- Perform other duties assigned by the PM regarding Planning, monitoring and evaluation as necessary.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Sociology, Anthropology, Development Studies, Epidemiology, etc.)
- At least four years experience in:
- Participatory assessment and monitoring
- Data processing and analysis
- Computerised word and data processing
- PME design and implementation
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to organise and train PME office staff
- Good contextual knowledge related to civil society/community assessment (i.e. Local community priorities, social and cultural constraints and local political and economic environment).
Interested candidates are invited to send their motivational letter, resume, copies of certificates and three references by e-mail addressed to:
The deadline for applications is 16th August 2013.
The position is open to Kenyan Nationals.