Post Harvest Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya September 2013
- Coordinate all the activities from pre-cooling, grading, bunching, recording, sleeving final cold storage packing of the Company and in particular ensure that post harvesting standards and quality controls are fully implemented efficiency within the laid down procedures.
- Control and organize maintenance of all equipment and tools used in post harvesting
- Control the consumption of raw materials, re-stocking levels and procurement of stocks
- Produce daily, weekly and/or monthly computerized reports and statistics required by the on time.
- Ensure proper use of bar coding system in co-ordination with Export and IT department.
- Implement the time schedule and produce packing list that will inform export and production department.
- Manage the company quality controls and parameters and ensure they are within the global standards in liaison with the production Department and the Export Department
- Be responsible for staff management including recruitment, training, performance appraisal, termination and disciplinary action in liaison with the HR Department
- A Degree in Horticulture
- Minimum 8 years experience in fresh produce processing preferably with experience in managing large staff pool.
- Strong planning, organizing and coordination skills.
- Possess good communication and leadership skills
- Excellent observation skills, attention to details, concentration capability, capable to always follow procedure.
- Well organized with ability to manage data bases and figures
- Conversant with total quality management procedure, Global GAP
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100