(KShs 300K – 400K)National Sales Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya 2013 –Job Re-Advertisement
Salary Range: Kshs, 300,000 – 400,000
Are you a vibrant team leader with good leadership skills, unique sales techniques for a company excel, then you get your match.
This is a Senior Management role and the incumbent will be expected to provide leadership to a large and growing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the consistent and sustained effort to achieve Sales Targets in order to maintain profitability and provide return on investment.
- Participate in the Development of a strategic sales and marketing plan for all products and oversee the implementation of this plan.
- Contribute in implementation and expansion distribution channel networks for all company products across the country.
- Monitor the sales performance of competitors to ensure the company maintains and develops its competitive position through counter offers and mitigating strategies to any perceived threats.
- Create and maintain a distributor database; analyze their strengths and weaknesses to inform future choices. Identify and recruit new accounts both domestic and export to foster growth and sustainability and expand the market.
- Ensure the implementation of and adherence to the credit control policy in line with company objectives, targets and operating budget; critically evaluate the cost and the benefits of all new ideas and initiatives to ensure that resources are appropriately directed to give maximum value.
- Conduct market surveys to monitor market share and devise strategies aimed at growing the share to raise the company’s profile and sales turnover.
- Assist in formulating and monitoring the annual business plan and budget to ensure the long term success and viability of the company and the attainment of its objectives. Direct and control the sales staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated, trained and working towards the achievement of the company’s objectives.
- Advise the company management on development of new initiatives, promotion and marketing strategies of existing and new products so as to ensure the company’s overall profitability is improved and sustained.
- Maintain effective internal communication to ensure that all relevant company functions are fully informed of sales department objectives, strategies and achievement for both local and export accounts.
- Ensure that the Sales time is aware of emerging trends and practices in Sales; and technological advancements to ensure that the company maintains and develops a competitive edge
- Promote and represent the interests of the company at senior levels, including the central and local governments, key customers, the voluntary sector and commercial and trade organizations
- The National Sales Manager must be willing to travel extensively across the country and be able to travel outside the country as and when necessary.
- Ability to think and devise plans on a strategic level coupled with advanced presentation skills.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Good influencers with the ability to inspire others.
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or a business related field.
- Post- graduate qualifications in Sales and Marketing.
- Membership to a relevant professional body is highly desirable.
- At least ten years’ progressive experience in Sales and Marketing of FMCGs.
- Demonstrated success in nurturing talent and training of sales teams.
- 3-4 years’ experience at a comparative role. Prior experience managing a National FMCG Sales Team is Mandatory.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.