Job Vacancy at KCA University for Human Resources Director in Kenya 2013
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence, supports team work and nurtures a high performance culture?
KCA University is a dynamic private University in Kenya committed to quality service and ethical practices.
It is also the only University that is uniquely and distinctly affiliated to a professional organization, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
Due to its rapid growth over the years, we are seeking to recruit competent, dynamic and ambitious professionals to fill up the following senior positions.
Director, Human Resources
Posted: 2nd August, 2013
Closing: 16th August, 2013
Overall Function: Develop and implement HR strategies in order to meet the University’s objectives in a way that reflects a customer orientated organization that responds effectively to changing needs.
To guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs of the University. Initiate high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Will include (but are not limited to):
- Recruitment, Staffing and Retention Planning
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Responsive to compliance and regulatory concerns
- Employee orientation, development, and training
- Policy development and documentation
- Employee relations
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Employee services and counseling.
- Human Resources Information Systems HRIS
- Organizational Development
- Manage department through responsive human resources processes and service
Key Results Areas
- Engagement and retention of high caliber staff and faculty
- A workforce well versed with the strategic plan and trained to achieve it
- A responsive HR department with staff grounded in HR principles and procedures
- Continuous adoption of HR best practice
- Establishment of a learning organization, with clear career paths and succession planning.
- A highly motivated workforce.
- Implementation of cost effective programmes to motivate and retain staff.
- Minimized work related conflicts among faculty and staff.
- Effective and high performance culture.
- Communication, Human Resource Development Management and Planning skills
- Supervisory, problem solving, negotiations, team building and basic counseling skills, effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Demonstrated success working and building effective internal relationships that move the business forward.
- Strong focus on customer service delivery.
- Effective people management and staff development experience. The ability to effectively manage others through influence, as well as with direct authority
- A strategic thinker who is capable of developing and articulating clear and compelling HR strategies.
- Ability to partner effectively to implement and execute programs through the organization.
- A self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work effectively with little supervision.
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Effective written and oral communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures, strong and dynamic presentation skills plus the ability to communicate with a wide range of constituents.
- Possess the highest level of integrity and a strong sense of personal accountability for business performance and for accomplishing the goals of the business.
- Demonstrated success working and building effective internal relationships that move the business forward
- Stress managements, time management and interviewing skills
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Proactive and innovative thinker, with proven ability to execute new initiatives
- Proactive, results & achievement oriented. Passion & commitment to excellence
- Honest, fair, just and firm. Ability to make prompt decisions
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in providing HR generalist support, demonstrating a record of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in related discipline
- Postgraduate Diploma in HR and related areas.
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resources Management
- Not more than 50 years of age
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosing copies of certificates and testimonial and a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating their current and expected salary to email@example.com or through the address below not later than 16th August, 2013.
Director, Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,