Head of Conferencing Job Vacancy In Kenya September 2013
Re – Advertisement
Head of Conferencing
Our client, a midsized company is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate as their head of conferencing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Required to work in consultation and collaboration with the relevant clients and organizers.
Required to supervise all the staff members under the department.
Provide advice on protocol matters.
Develop internal guidelines and procedures to promote awareness within the organization of conference practices and procedures.
Manage complex logistical arrangements for major events including negotiation with travel agents, hotels and other service providers to ensure the most attractive and cost effective terms.
Ability to develop policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures relating to the management of conferencing.
Able to prepare and manage accounts for conferences based on given budgets and ensuring compliance with the organizations rules and regulations.
Plan, evaluate, organize, and direct the activities of the Conference and events planning, Audio Visual setups and Administrative Assistant, and oversee the activities of Conference Services Operation through the individuals mentioned above.
Ensure that department personnel are following all procedures, policies, and guidelines, as established by the organization.
Have responsibility for anticipating needs, forecasting results, analyzing and arranging work processes for personnel in the department.
Education and Experience
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.
- At least 5 years experience in conference management experience with overall responsibility for events at a senior level.
- The ability to deal confidently and effectively at the highest level clients and with international organizations.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead a team.
- and project planning, coaching and developing individual and team resources;
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task.
Qualifying candidates should send their application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com before COB 20th August 2013.