Corporate Affairs and Communication Manager Job recruitment at KCA University in Kenya 2013
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence, supports team work and nurtures a high performance culture?
KCA University is a dynamic private University in Kenya committed to quality service and ethical practices.
It is also the only University that is uniquely and distinctly affiliated to a professional organization, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
Due to its rapid growth over the years, we are seeking to recruit competent, dynamic and ambitious professionals to fill up the following senior positions.
Manager, Corporate Affairs and Communication
Posted: 2nd August, 2013
Closing: 16th August, 2013
Purpose: To guide and manage the overall University’s brand and reputation in public, through both oral and written communications.
Key Result Areas:
Will include (but are not limited to):
- Establish a long term vision and develop and/or drives strategic plans that address trends, issues, and the needs of all stakeholders related to government affairs, community relations and education programs;
- Develop a communication and University’s brand plan;
- Maintain close and active contact with corporate and community leaders to understand the needs of the community and to determine how best the university might provide support;
- Build a comprehensive network of internal and external contacts and decision-makers and maintain strategic and collaborative relationships with diverse, global groups including media;
- Consult with relevant internal departments in order to project the university’s corporate message to both external and internal mediums;
- Represent the university before key internal and external partners and audiences
- Be the face of the university to both internal and external contacts and stakeholders;
- Responsible for all internal and external communications;
- Coordinate the Vice Chancellor’s and other senior staff public speaking and presentations at conferences or radio and TV interviews;
- Represent the University at events on behalf of the Vice Chancellor
- Develop and maintain the University’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage;
- Develop and manage budgets for the department;
- Develop the University’s risk management framework with regard to image and identity;
- Direct activities of external agencies, establishments, and the departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs;
- Draft speeches for the Vice Chancellor, and arrange interviews and other forms of contacts;
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with the University’s public relations efforts;
- Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for media kits and develop and maintain the University’s intranet web pages;
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies;
- Take editorial responsibility for the University website, and other corporate communications tools;
- Keep alumni informed of activities in the University and keep the University informed of Alumni;
- Play key role in the University’s Annual events including graduation and Founders’ Day activities,
- Reunions/ Events ,and Alumni clubs;
- Coordinate production of Alumni related material in liaison with the Director of Resource Mobilization
Core Requirement & Competencies
- Minimum of 7 years experience with 4 in managerial position in public & private sector.
- Masters degree in Communication/Public Relations or related field with high academic achievements;
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of issues that are at the center of tertiary education in Kenya and the World;
- Experience in developing and implementing events, as well as audience development skills;
- Dynamic result oriented team player with outstanding execution skills and proven ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment;
- Proactive and innovative thinker, with proven ability to executive new initiatives
- Good media relations in-order to form strategic alliance
- Effective public relations and public speaking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and networking skills;
- Strong proficiency in relevant computer packages
- Not more than 50 years of age
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosing copies of certificates and testimonial and a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating their current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the address below not later than 16th August, 2013.
Director, Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,