Business Business Development Manager Job Vacancy at GA Insurance Life in Kenya 2013
Business Development Manager – Life Business
To participate in the acquisition of new business for Group Life and Retirement Benefits in accordance with targets set and criteria formulated by the Company; handling of renewal of all existing accounts and maintaining acceptable ratios of business retention for all group schemes; preparation of business plans, and coordination of marketing and sales promotion and development of life products to ensure the group business revenue targets for the division are achieved; and presiding over the effective management of the Business Development Department.
- Leads and coordinates marketing efforts within the division to ensure business targets are met.
- Identifies and pursues new business leads
- Coordinates new business quotation processes, and follows up quotations with intermediaries and clients
- Conducts appropriate market intelligence to keep Senior Management informed of new developments in the Group Life Business and Retirement Benefits sectors.
- Ensures acceptable levels of business retention (i.e. preservation of existing business) are maintained at all times; and any existing business lost due to unavoidable circumstances is replaced by other suitable accounts (over and above the new business acquisition target for the year)
- Closely monitors customer service satisfaction to ensure renewals are not threatened; negotiates renewal terms of all programmes well in advance, and sends formal renewal confirmations to the Operations Department (Group Business) before the renewal dates.
- Periodically reviews existing products and proposes changes with a view to enhancing their quality
- Maintains, and regularly updates business progress reports.
- Manage performance of branches
- Performs other duties as directed by superiors from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing
- MBA an added advantage
- 8 years’ experience in Business Development in the insurance industry or financial institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Insurance company
- In depth understanding of the operations of a life insurance company
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level
- Strategic planning and management experience
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your c.v to email@example.com indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before August 9, 2013.