Assistant Regional Controller Job Vacancy at Mediterranean Shipping Company in Kenya 2013
Inspirations Management Consultants is seeking to recruit a young professional for the position of Assistant Regional Controller for one of its clients Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC).
Mediterranean Shipping Company SA (MSC) is a privately owned shipping company which has rapidly grown from a conventional shipping operator to become the number two global container shipping line with operations across the globe.
In its expansion MSC recently established a Regional Office for Eastern, Southern & Western Africa in Nairobi to better coordinate internal audit and various other controlling activities within the region.
The individual will be reporting directly to the Head of Controlling and the role will provide tremendous exposure for the potential candidate to grow into higher roles within the agencies in the region or within the company’ s global network.
- Perform financial, operational and compliance audits to determine adherence to Company guidelines, policies and procedures to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Recommend corrective action and process, internal control improvements and follow through the implementation of the proposed controls and improvements until the finalization.
- Coordinate between the Head office, internal and external consultants and the agency management with implementation of operational and financial systems
- Act as a point of contact for the various Head office departments, external parties and the agency management on resolving queries and issues.
- Attend to any other relevant specific tasks and projects that may be assigned by the regional controlling office or the head office.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Business Management, Economics, or related field with at least five years experience in audit, finance or control. CIA, CPA, ACCA or similar qualifications will is be an added advantage.
- Excellent understanding of SAP and ORACLE based finance and operational systems as well as financial reporting, consolidation processes and systems.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel.
- An excellent leader and an active team player with outstanding, presentation communication and interpersonal skills with ability to influence in a calm, structured and confident manner.
- Ability to work under pressure without losing sight and follow through tasks to conclusion.
- International orientation and willingness to travel at least 50% of the time within the region.
- Good understanding of maritime, shipping and freight forwarding business. Experience in these sectors will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
Send your CV and copies of academic documents not later than 16th August 2013 to:
P.O Box 16997 – 00100 Nairobi
OR Email to: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.inspirationsconsult.com for further details